Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Tree Shopping!





















We decided it was time for a Christmas tree as it is the first Christmas for Rinus and by the way the in laws are coming over this Christmas eve! . Boy oh boy ! We went from the one mall to the other and finally found our tree.
Of course we had to accessorize too! When we got home the one set of lights seemed to have a short and I had to drive back all the way to exchange it.
After all the moaning and groaning I am glad we finally have our tree. The next major shopping spree will be next weekend when we start searching for presents. I can't help but wonder if we are missing the spirit of Christmas by chasing presents and material things.
I still love my tree though and am rather excited about having our first Christmas together as a family.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! The first Christmas is always something special!

    I have been thinking of putting our tree up also this weekend, but believe it or not, my girls think its too early!! say what!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas and all it's material things make Christmas fun. But starting traditions with your family-that don't involve gifts-will make the holidays special for years to come, even after you are gone. Here are a couple things we do:
    We always read aloud a special Holiday story. We search for a book, I used to read it aloud, now my daughter does, someday I hope to hear Rylee read it.
    We always have our little ones pick one of their gifts-sight unseen-to give to a child who won't get any gifts. That way they understand what true giving means. (Especially if it was a gift they really wanted.)
    We always take an evening to drive and look at lights.
    I know you will find great traditions too! It's a time of doing for those less fortunate, for faith, and for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say the tree looks lovely! Hope your holiday is very special and blessed.

    ReplyDelete