Saturday, November 28, 2009

Baby Boom made me think.


I recorded Baby Boom from one of our TV Channels a few days ago. I saw Diane Keaton played a role in it so I thought it might be good as she is one of my favorite actresses.

This movie was made in 1987 and one can still relate to it today! I really enjoyed the movie but it also made me think of what is important and how we prioritise our lives.

Since we had Rinus our social lives has taken quite a dip! Not to talk about the mission it is to actually get out of the house with everything you need to pack! Two months ago some friends invited us for a long weekend with them in Amanzimtoti, Kwazulu Natal. It is a 6 hour drive and I forgot Rinus's pacifier! Needless to say when I discovered it we were already halfway there!

The weekend was blast except that we only had one nice day out of the four.It was cold and raining. We stayed indoors most of the time and when we finally ventured out to the beach I was more stressed out about the wind and covering up Rinus. When we returned home Rinus landed up in hospital with gastro and bronchitis.

We lead such busy lives that you forget to appreciate the little things. I think we should make more time for family and less for work. That said I know we should earn a living and it pays the bills etc, etc. This week I had to write a Process Description for one of our Procedures at work and it took up all my time, so much that I was exhausted when I got home. Yesterday I sat and looked at Rinus and thought I missed an entire week by being so busy!

Maybe it is time to step back a bit and get some perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment